You may know her from Diary ng Panget or from the television series On the Wings of Love. You may know her as James Reid’s girlfriend, or perhaps, as “the actress who looks similar to Kathryn Bernardo” (let’s not argue who’s prettier).
But how well do you know Miss Nadine Lustre? We’ll see.
1. Nadine Lustre’s full name is Nadine Alexis Paguia Lustre. She’s already 22 years old (as of press time) as she was born on 31 October 1993 in Quezon City.
2. Nadine is the eldest of four siblings.
3. Wanna know her slam book entry? Oh well, it says her shoe size is 8. Her waistline is 25. Her favourite colour is blue. “Never settle for second best” is her motto. Her favourite OPM artist is Rico Blanco. Her favourite foreign acts are Coldplay and Katy Perry.
4. Prior to her rise to fame, Lustre hosted a Radio Philippines Network (RPN) program called Storyland. She hosted the program at the age of nine. Her hosting talent was recognised here and abroad. She was featured a child host to Disney Channel Asia.
5. Pursuing her love for pop culture, Lustre became one of the original members of the girl group, Pop Girls. With Lustre were twins Laila and Mariam Bustria, Rose Ginkel, and Shy Carlos. Apparently, Lustre was the only pure Filipina in the Pop Girls’ original group members. Pop Girls was launched by Viva Entertainment in 2009. Lustre left the group to start a solo career in music.
6. Nadine Lustre is a prolific singer. In 2014, Lustre release her self-titled album under Viva Records. It had hit singles such as Para-paraan, Paligoy-ligoy, No Erase, Bahala Na, and Hanap-hanap; the last three songs mentioned she collaborated with James Reid.
Lustre was recognised by SBS PopAsia for her song Me and You from her self-titled album. The Australian music show awarded Lustre’s popular hit Me and You a Titanium Award. Lustre is among other famous artists like Kpop groups Super Junior, U-KISS and EXO who had songs that achieved Titanium status.
Lustre’s version (together with Kean Cipriano) of Sa Ibang Mundo also won her the People’s Choice Award at the 2015 PhilPop Finals Night in July 2015. She’s also a holder of MYX Music Awards Favorite Song and Favorite Music Video for her song Me and You. The 2016 Philippines Myx Music Awards also given her the title Favorite Artist and Favorite Female Artist. Lustre also bagged the Favorite Collaboration award for her song “Hanap-Hanap” with James Reid.
7. Nadine didn’t dream of becoming an actor. It was her mother who encouraged her. She was okay with commercials but doing full-time showbiz was not part of her plan before. Nonetheless, Nadine Lustre started her acting career in Maalaala Mo Kaya in 2006. Her popularity soared when she appeared in Diary ng Panget together with James Reid. Her role as Leah in ABS-CBN’s On the Wings of Love (again with James Reid), however, catapulted her and James to the zenith of fame.
8. Prior to working with James Reid in 2014 for Diary ng Panget, Nadine and James already worked with each other for James’ music video (Alam Niya Ba) which was released in 2013.
9. Nadine Lustre is, unlike most of us, a morning person. Her boyfriend, James Reid, revealed in an interview that Nadine plays loud music upon waking up very early in the morning. Well, isn’t it great to start your day early and literally with a bang!
10. Speaking of the two, the first time that Nadine and James met was in a workshop. But they didn’t really talk. The second time they met and this time had conversation was in the shoot for James Reid’s music video for Alam Niya Ba. According to Nadine, her first interaction with James was playing Minion Rush. She was playing it and then James suddenly borrowed her phone and continued the game. The kiss on the cheek by Nadine to James on the Alam Niya Ba music video was instructed by James. He asked Nadine to do it.
Bonus: Nadine’s ex-boyfriend is JC Arenas Arcinue who is a member of a prominent political family in Sual, Pangasinan. Nadine and JC remained as good friends even if they broke up. There was even a speculation that Nadine and JC together with their other friends went on a vacation in Hundred Islands in Pangasinan last May 2015 based on their Instagram posts. Nadine even allegedly attended a Pool Party hosted by JC and a friend of his. And, James seems cool with it.