From the famous teen loveteam KathNiel, people used to call Kathryn “Chandria”, “Kath”, and “Mara” (her name in TV show, “Mara Clara”). Oh well, you can’t blame the people, I used to refer to her as “Chichay” (her name in the TV series Got to Believe).
Anyways, here are some fun facts about Kathryn you probably didn’t know (from serious to not-so-serious facts).
1. Kathryn Bernardo’s full name is Kathryn Chandria Manuel Bernardo. She was born on March 26, 1996. She is a native of Cabanatuan City. Kathryn is a member of the congregation of Iglesia ni Cristo (INC).
2. Kathryn has three other siblings namely: Chrysler Bernardo, Keven Bernardo , and Kaye Bernardo.
3. Kathryn graduated as their class valedictorian in elementary. She studied in OB Montessori Center Inc. before her acting debut in 2013. Kathryn was home-schooled. Currently, she attends Enderun Colleges in Taguig where she studies Marketing. Enderun is among the most expensive colleges in the country.
4. Kathryn is not new to the world of show business. She has been in the industry since her younger years. Kathryn as a child star, played the role of young Cielo in ABS-CBN’s It Might Be You in 2003.
5. Kathryn’s first main role came in 2006 when she played as Maya in Super Inggo. Maya was the love interest of the main character of ABS-CBN’s TV series, Super Inggo. Later on, Kathryn landed a permanent spot in ABS-CBN’s popular kiddie show, Goin Bulilit, for 5 years.
6. Kathryn first entered the genre of drama in 2010 when she assumed the role of young Victoria on ABS-CBN’s Magkaribal and then, as young Jenny on GMA’s Endless Love. These two dramas aired on the same day, June 28, 2010 – what a coincidence.
Kathryn’s breakthrough role was that as Mara David/Mara Del Valle in the remake of 1992 television drama Mara Clara with her co-star and off-screen best friend Julia Montes. Since its premiere, the TV series remained a consistent leader in primetime ratings.
Kathryn also starred in Princess and I, a romance-drama royalty-themed television series. With a cast flanked by Daniel Padilla as Gino Dela Rosa, Enrique Gil as Prince Jao and Bernardo as Mikay (Princess Areeyah), the teleserye is touted as one of the grandest, being the first Philippine show to be shot in Bhutan.
The show garnered unprecedented ratings and appraisal as the number one primetime show in September 2012, opening more doors for Bernardo’s shining career. In August 2013, she and Daniel Padilla announcing another television series: Got to Believe in which Bernardo plays Chichay Tampipi.
Bernardo and Padilla once again headlined a movie adaptation of Bianca Bernardino’s best-selling novel named She’s Dating the Gangster as part of Star Cinema’s 20th anniversary in July 2014.
A year after her recognition from FHM UK, Bernardo was ranked 17 behind former Japanese AV Idol Maria Ozawa for the FHM Philippines 100 Sexiest Women 2015, which won by Jennylyn Mercado.
7. Kathryn “the child star” bought her first ever puppy, Prince (a Shih Tzu), using her very first talent fee. Shortly, in 2004, Kathryn launched her own boutique in Cabanatuan named “Bulinggit Stuffshop”. The shop was named after her character in Crystala.
8. Kathryn has been involved in a number of singing ventures. She guested for Daniel Padilla’s concert “DOS”. She has titles in some soundtrack albums of her primetime television shows.
Bernardo recorded her first solo material “Mula Noon Hanggang Ngayon” as part of the soundtrack for Princess and I in 2012. In 2013, she recorded a cover of David Pomeranz’s “Got to Believe in Magic” with Padilla for their primetime television Got 2 Believe (my favorite TV series).
In 2014, she began to venture into music by recording various original songs and releasing her first studio album titled Kathryn.
9. Kathryn says American pop stars Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande are her musical inspirations; she further said she considers local pop sensation Sarah Geronimo and singer Yeng Constantino her idols.
10. Slam book entry: Kathryn Bernardo’s favorite color is yellow. She likes Justin Bieber and One Direction. She loves floral dresses the most, and she’s a fan of Narnia. She’s an endorser of Coca-Cola, but she’s never finished drinking a Coke in a can.